Real Estate Career Developers (RECD) values the privacy of the personal information of every individual. We are committed to managing your personal information consistent with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles (March 2014).
This Policy sets out how and what information is collected by us in the use of this website and in the course of our operations, and how that information is maintained and disclosed for the services RECD provides.
RECD is private, wholly owned company that provides recruitment services to the real estate industry.
If you do not agree to any of the provisions of this Policy, you should not use this website or the services of RECD, the online resume builder or provide us with any of your personal information.
- Via our online applications and services
- Variation to personal details provided
- Additional documentation provided by you as part of your application(s) for employment
- Electronic information provided as part of your application(s)
- Digital images captured for applicant identification purposes
- Feedback on outcomes for positions for which you have applied
What is information collected for?
Information is collected by us for the primary purposes of -
- Creating your Resume via our online service
- Applications for employment
- Employment advice
- Temporary employment
RECD also collects personal information as required to meet the employment requirements of Real Estate Agents under relevant legislative directives.
We obtain personal information in a number of ways including:
- Directly from you when you submit an application or respond to requests for information;
- Each time we have contact with you (email, telephone, written correspondence, in person, private message via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn);
- From third parties, such as:
- Previous employers
- Prospective employers
- Other persons or agencies you have authorised to act as your referees or to supply personal information on your behalf
In providing the details of your authorised person or referee to RECD, you are consenting to the collection of your personal information from your authorised person or referee.
Generally, you will be aware we have collected personal information or have authorised collection of personal information from third parties or be aware that we are obtaining information from them.
Unsolicited personal information
If we receive unsolicited personal information about you from any source, as soon as reasonably practicable, we will ascertain if we could have collected the personal information under the Australian Privacy Principles (APP). If we consider we could have collected that information, we will retain it as if we had collected it under the APP.
If we consider we could not have collected the personal information according to the APP, we will (if it is lawful and reasonable to do so) destroy the information within a reasonable time.
What personal information is collected?
The personal information that you may supply to RECD and RECD Online includes:
- Full name, including any previous names or maiden names
- Citizenship /residency status
- Address – mailing/ residential
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- Date of birth
- Language spoken
- Country of birth
- Year of arrival in Australia if relevant
- Record of your Police check
- Work experience
- Educational qualifications
- Educational results
- Personal and professional references
- Social media links / profiles
- Drivers Licence information
- Car registration
How we use your information
RECD only uses your personal information for the purpose for which it was provided to us, other directly related purposes, or purposes for which you may provide consent after the provision of that information and as required or permitted by law.This may include:
- Confirming the data contained within your application(s) for employment
- Formulating a resume
- Maintaining/ processing/ assessing your application(s) for employment
- Provision of any information about our services that may be relevant to you
- Notifying you of missing information
- Notifying you of new or alternative employment opportunitiesh
- To identify you when you log into our online services or otherwise contact RECD
- Responding to your enquiries
- Assessing your eligibility for employment / employers
- To meet the legal requirements of the employment of Real Estate Agents as required by law
- For analyses, quality assurance and planning purposes
- Our own internal research purposes
- As required by law.
How we disclose your information
Information collected as part of the creation of your RECD account or Resume is held by RECD and used to identify you for assistance with RECD and RECD Online services or disclosed as part of a subsequent RECD service or application for employment.All information collected as part of the employment application and Resume service will be supplied to potential employers to which you have applied or have expressly given permission to access.
While we request these recipients protect your personal information, we cannot be accountable for how these recipients handle your personal information once it has been supplied to them. The creation of your RECD account or resume, provision of your information, completion of an application form or enquiry with our service, constitutes your consent to disclosure to those recipients.We may also supply your details to our contractors including mailing houses, logistics and IT service providers, Legal advisers or other professional advisers and consultants engaged by RECD.
Security of your information
We have taken reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.The information collected by RECD and RECD Online is maintained on electronic databases, held securely within RECD's offices and our service provider which exists outside our offices.Arrangementswith our provider requires personal information we collect to be stored on a server in Australia only and for our providers to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) with respect to that personal information. We have requested any overseas recipient of information to comply with the APP as if they were an entity bound by them.
Irrespective of the success of your applications for employment or whether or not you proceed to an application via the Online service, your information will become part of RECD's archive and will be protected under the relevant privacy legislation.
Security of your information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, issue or disclose is accurate, complete, up to date, and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected and not misleading. The personal information you submit at the time of your application(s) to RECD is assumed to be accurate, relevant, complete, up to date and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected and not misleading.
Despite the measures we have put in place, the accuracy of your information, particularly in relation to transmission online, may not be guaranteed. You must take care to ensure that your data is accurate, relevant, complete and not misleading and should notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any discrepancies.There are circumstances under which we may refuse to correct personal information, but if we do so, we will inform you of the reasons and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
RECD considers the provision of fraudulent information to be serious misconduct. Therefore, if we have reason to suspect that you have presented fraudulent information of any kind, we may use or disclose your personal information in a manner inconsistent with this policy to the extent required to undertake an investigation into the fraudulent information and to take appropriate action in light of the outcome of the investigation.
We will not sell or trade your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes.
Access to your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information held by us. There are circumstances where we may refuse to give you access to some of your personal information. For example, we are not required to provide you with access where a request
- Is subject to privacy with another third party
- Is vexatious
- Where the request pertains to information the subject of litigation or anticipated litigation between RECD and yourself or other third party
- Requires access that would be unlawful
- Would be likely to prejudice the prevention, investigation and prosecution of any criminal offence or seriously improper conduct.
If we refuse to give you access, we will give you written notice of the reasons for refusal and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
What to do if you have a complaint concerning privacy
Google Analytics and "Cookies"
Last updated : 6 July 2017